Start St. Patty’s Day the Lucky Way!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

This year, start your St. Patty’s day off right! Wake up and enjoy a deliciously (green and) healthy breakfast to ensure the luck-o’-the-Irish all day long.

Photo courtesy of teachatlove.com

St. Patty’s Patty Cakes

Ingredients:

• 1 cup blended oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/8 cup oil
  • 1 handful of greens such as kale, spinach or carrot tops
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Directions: Mix the flour, eggs and oil in a bowl.  In a blender, blend the banana, greens, and the almond milk. When finished, add to the bowl. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and mix. Then, cook them on a skillet like you would a regular pancake. You’re done!  Easy as that.

Liquid Luck

Photo courtesy of rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com

Ingredients:

• 1 handful spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:  This delicious smoothie is easy to make! Just mix all the ingredients together in a blender until creamy and fully blended.  Enjoy!

Serve your pancakes and smoothie with some green fruits, such as kiwi, green apples, or green grapes. Or, mash up some left over avocado and mix it together with scrambled eggs. Voila! The luckiest, healthiest breakfast a collegiette could ask for on St. Patrick’s Day 2014! Tell us what you think and leave a comment below. HCxo!