Her Campus Boise State Loves: Blooms Flower Studio!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Business hours:

Monday – Friday: 9am-6pm

Saturday: 10am-3pm

Sunday: Closed

Phone: (208) 395-1300

Address: 1220 W State St., Boise, ID 83702

http://bloomsflowerstudio.com/

With Spring just around the corner, I can’t think of a better way to welcome in the warm weather than with a bouquet of fresh cut flowers. If you have ever driven down State Street, you have surely passed the little red flower shop that ‘blooms’ in color year round. From unique, personalized arrangements to prim and proper wedding bouquets, Julie offers her customers that personal touch that Boise businesses seem to get just right.

History

Julie started out in the flower business taking flower arranging classes as elective credits in high school. This eventually led to a job in her instructor’s flower shop. At age 20, Julie ventured out on her own and opened her own shop in Corona Del Mar, California that turned into 18 years of floral success. She eventually took some time out away from business to spend time raising her 4 children, leading to adventures in farm and family life. In an attempt at a new change of pace and scenery, Julie and her family started a new life in Boise.

Julie found herself back in the flower business about 5 years ago, opening up shop in Eagle that eventually moved to the little red shop on State Street. With a regular staff of 5, Julie has been successfully bringing Boise some of the best and most beautiful flowers you can find in the area. Fresh flowers are delivered to the shop daily where Julie and her staff design one of a kind bouquets for any occasion.

Blooms’ Service

Blooms is a hustle and bustle on many holidays, including Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day, when many seek out fragrant and colorful flowers as objects of affection and appreciation. With wedding season approaching, Julie’s advice for staying sane is to stay organized and not bite off more than you can chew. Bloom’s offers a more personable, one-on-one experience for her brides; as she only takes on a few weddings at a time, she likes to take the time to get to know her brides.

With flowers changing seasonally, bouquets are always different. From exotic Japanese flowers to seasonal local flowers, you can always expect to be pleasantly surprised when you take a peek inside your hand-made bouquet. Bloom’s also offers the option of creating your own or grabbing a hand-selected, pre-made bouquet on the go. Julie also offers candles, handmade pottery, and plants to brighten your home.

What sets Blooms apart from the many other flower shops in Boise? Blooms offers their customers a market feel, carrying and selling many of their flowers in bulk. In warmer weather, the sliding shop doors are up with flowers of every color spilling out, welcoming you inside. Customers can expect a friendly, personal and customized experience every time!

Sophomore student at Boise State University double majoring in Sociology and Health Science with an emphasis in public health. Hobbies include Crossfit, cars, food, and binge watching British TV shows on Netflix.