This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

When I’ve had a long day, the LAST thing I want to do is think about cooking. Unfortunately, I can’t always order takeout or delivery on those days; so I have some budget-friendly back ups!

One of my absolute favorites is a Dutch pancake. My mom made these while I was growing up, and they are so easy and fun! Not to mention tasty…

Ingredients:

3 tbsp butter

½ c. milk

½ c. flour

3 eggs

½ tsp salt

Lemon juice

Powdered sugar

In a pie pan, melt your butter in a 425 degree oven. (Great to do while your oven is pre-heating!)

Mix milk, flour, eggs and salt in a mixing bowl and pour into heated pan.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until the center appears firm! (Note: as an egg dish, the pancake will rise over the pan–kind of like a souffle!)

Allow to cool for a few moments, then sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar. (If you like tart flavors, don’t be afraid to really use that lemon juice!)

Voila! Dinner in 20 minutes, with minimal kitchen mess. Happy eating!

(Kitchen hack: for a 9×13 cake pan, triple the recipe and bake 15-30 minutes.)

Dakota Brown

Boise State

Dakota Brown is our Managing Editor here at Her Campus Boise State! She loves all things literature; an avid reader who also writes whenever possible, she aspires to having a future in publications editing. In her free time (aside from reading and writing), Dakota can be found drinking copious amounts of coffee, baking, and spending quality time with her dog, Kili, and her hedgehog, Lily.