This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

1. Most importantly, it’s Bloom, not Blooms. You should probably know that now to save yourself any potential embarrassment.

2. If you dare to walk across the quad instead of around it, you will be judged. Sorry not sorry.

3. Don’t waste all your flex on Starbucks, Qudoba, or Chick-fil-A. Otherwise you’re going to be struggling come the end of October. Save it for finals week, you’re going to need all the caffeine you can get.

4. The weather here is beautiful, don’t stay cooped up in your dorm room when you could be studying outside. If it’s too loud take a walk downtown to the park or Fog and Flame for a quieter environment. 

5. Hopefully, you know not to wear your lanyard around your neck. Just because professors do it, does not mean you can (or should).

6. Talk! Don’t close yourself off to opportunities and friendships just because you’re scared to talk to someone. The odds are that whoever it is you’re thinking of speaking to is probably experiencing the same fears and is actually really nice and can help you.

7. GET INVOLVED!! And stay involved. If you sign up for a club or activity, try it out before you decide it’s not for you. Don’t let what you’re friends are doing dictate what you do. Clubs, sports and other on-campus  organizations are a great way to make friends, gain knowledge and experience, and make fun memories.

8. Just because attendance does not get taken, does not mean you should not go to class. Especially if it’s a class for your major. Skipping class is a super easy habit to slip into and super difficult habit to break. You’re going to see missing classes effect your grade and future when you don’t know what a certain strategy or theory is in future class. 

9. Procrastination is okay as long as you get it done on time. Sometimes a paper written the night before or morning of the due date is better than one you could have written a week ago. And that’s fine, just hand it in on time, there’s no point in losing points because it’s late. 

10. Teachers will call you out in class. Whether it is for sleeping, using your phone, talking, or whatever else, they will do it and they may even embarrass you for it. Deal with it, you deserved it. Just don’t hate the teacher for it.

As a senior, double majoring in Public Relations and Organizational Communications, Monica is eager to take on the roles of Campus Coordinator for Bloom U and Campus Trendsetter for HC. Whenever she isn't writing for HC, you can find her filming for the National Broadcast Society, volunteering for the Special Olympics Bocce Bash as Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, or supporting Pura Vida Bracelets as a Company Representative. Outside of her on-campus involvement, Monica enjoys photography, binge watching Netflix, eating Taco Bell, and making people laugh.