This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

1. Go outside and take a walk.Getting some fresh air during this stressful time can provide a lot of benefits, especially in the beautiful town of Bloomsburg. Forget the books for an hour and go climb those hills – that is, if there isn’t a mountain of snow standing in your way. 
  2. Take a short nap.It has been proven that taking a half hour nap can give you a quick pick-me-up, allowing you to feel revived and help combat midterm stress, even if it’s only temporary. Everybody needs a break every once in a while. Give yourself some time to shut your brain off, even if it is only for thirty minutes. 
  3. Spend time with friends.Grab a bite to eat with your girls between study sessions. Most importantly, talk about anything other than test material and possible essay questions! Over thinking it is not going to help. Allow yourself some time for mindless talking and let your brain chill out for the time being. 
  4. Exercise.Put down your study guide, lace up your sneakers, and head to the gym for at least a half hour. Doing some cardio or lifting weights can literally lift the weight of test-anxiety off your shoulders and provide some much needed relief during this stressful time. Plug in your headphones, throw on some pump-up jams, and allow your body time to run free of stress. 
  5. Breathe…Remember, midterms are not the end of the world! Don’t get caught up setting unrealistic expectations for yourself. Prepare yourself and give the exams everything you’ve got – that’s truly the best you can do. Take a deep breath once, twice, maybe even three times. Inhale positivity and exhale stress. While this may not be easy, it is definitely worth a try.