This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Berry chapter.

Stress gets to us all. Here are some of my tips that I use to handle that stress.

Go for a drive. Whether you’re riding with a friend or in the driver’s seat, being in a moving car has a super therapeutic effect. Roll the windows down and crank up the music or soak in some silence. Leave your worries behind until you’re ready to face them.

Image source

Sometimes you just need a milkshake, regardless of the time. A milkshake is a beautiful coping device that can help you finish the last 3 pages of a 6 page paper or lessen the pain of any sudden anxiety. Cook Out, Steak n Shake, Sonic, it doesn’t really matter where the milkshake came from as long as it falls into your hands safely.

Image source

Take a nap. No, you can’t actually sleep away your problems, but a nap never hurt anyone. Sleep helps you function in the worst of times! Set an alarm and give yourself a break.

Image source

Make a list. Lists tend to have a double effect. First, you feel overwhelmed because the list of all the things you need to do is literally what you’re stressing over to begin with. However, once you see what you need to get done, you can breathe and start tackling it one step at a time. Calm down, and then grab a pen and sticky note.

Image source

Remember that taking care of yourself is important, too. When you take time out of your day to check in with you, that isn’t a waste. You’re still being productive. You are beyond capable of conquering the obstacles ahead!

Annabeth Sadler is the campus correspondent for the Berry College chapter of Her Campus. She is a junior majoring in communication with a concentration in public relations. Annabeth is from Valdosta, Ga. and graduated from Valdosta High School. She adamantly wanted to be a spy when she was a little girl, but these days she's thinking that after graduation she would happily take a job working on the PR side of the publishing industry or a job with the Her Campus management team. Annabeth enjoys reading YA fiction, watching the same movies over and over again, following Ed Sheeran closely on social media, and avidly using song lyrics in her every day vernacular.