you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways to be Productive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Finals week is in full swing. With that in mind, I’ve come up with a few ways to make your finals’ life a little easier and more productive.

1. Make Lists.

When you define all of the things you have to do, it makes tackling them a lot easier. Whether you prefer handwritten lists or typed ones, it’s definitely a great way to keep track of your busy schedule. Plus, it’s satisfying to cross things off as they get completed.

1. Study in the best environment for you.

Some students do well in the library; others prefer the comfort of their own dorms. Something to be wary of during dorm study sessions is the possibility of a blissful nap…Avoid the urge by actually sitting at your desk rather than on your bed to work.

1. Take breaks.

It’s best to study in one hour increments while taking ten minute breaks. If you’re in need of a longer break, head to the gym. Exercise is good for your body and mind and helps you refocus on what you have to do when you get back to your room. Even if you only go for 30 minutes, your brain will thank you.

1. Know when to stop.

It’s important to recognize when you’re no longer being productive while studying. Take advantage of your prime study hours, for some this is early in the morning and for others it’s late at night.

1. Don’t forget to eat.

I know that sounds silly, but hours in the library can pass by without you noticing the grumbling tummy that’s irritating your library neighbors. Make sure you keep up with good, healthy eating habits. Although many brush off the importance of staying healthy during finals week and resort to junk food, empty calories will not help satisfy your hunger or your body’s needs, especially during a stressful period of time.

Bentley University Class of 2016
Bentley University