She’s Gone: 9 of The Biggest Takeaways from the Suits Mid-Season Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

1. Harvey has a dream about SLEEPING WITH DONNA!

The episode opens with Donna bringing Harvey a cup of coffee IN BED, and it’s revealed that they spent the night together. For a moment, all Suits fans rejoiced in thinking that the two had finally gotten together. After only a few moments, though, Donna tells Harvey that she can’t work for him anymore, and also adds that he needs to accept that Jessica has left for good. Suddenly, Harvey wakes up, and we learn that it was only a dream. This is the first instance in the episode that shows how much Jessica’s decision to leave has impacted Harvey.

2. Rachel’s dad offers her a job

Robert Zane is ever the protective father, and early in the episode he visits Rachel to give her an offer letter to work at his firm. Rachel is steadfast in rejecting him at first, but she begins to hesitate when he reminds her that she has to pass the bar’s character and fitness test. He tells her that she is much more likely to pass if she works somewhere other than Specter Litt, leaving us all wondering if she will decide to leave the firm for good (especially now that Mike isn’t working there).

3. Jessica is officially gone… so who will be the managing partner of Specter Litt?

There was no last minute return for Jessica Pearson, so now it’s up to Harvey and Louis to run Pearson Specter Litt. When Robert Zane visits with a merger offer, he starts an argument between Harvey and Louis over who will become the managing partner of the firm (which, I’d like to point out, shoudn’t even be an argument… it should OBVIOUSLY be Harvey).

4. Louis is still engaged

Although many fans are happy that Louis has found true love with the strikingly beautiful Tara, it was still crazy to be reminded that she is pregnant with her ex-boyfriend’s child. At the start of the episode, we see Louis and Tara in bed discussing baby names, with Tara gently reminding Louis that it’s not his place to pick out the child’s first name. Although the moment does end on a good note between the two (Tara reveals that she will have the baby take Litt as his/her last name), Louis gets up rather abruptly to leave for work– indicating that perhaps he is starting to second guess their future together.

5. Father Walker offers Mike a job

After turning down Harvey’s offer to work as a consultant at Specter Litt, Mike is out looking for jobs at legal clinics. After a day of looking, he couldn’t find a job… BECAUSE HE IS A CONVICTED FELON. Of course he can’t find another job! Rachel was just as surprised as Mike was that no one was calling him for interviews, leading viewers to believe that none of these people have ever had to apply for a real job before… because who doesn’t know that application forms always ask if you’ve been convicted of a crime?!

Luckily, Mike visits Father Walker to vent about his struggles. Father Walker then offers Mike a “temporary” job teaching at the church’s school. After a horrible first day, Mike actually manages to break through to the kids he’s teaching… before Father Walker has to let him go because (surprise!) a parent informed the archdiocese that Mike is a convicted felon.

6. Anita Gibbs threatens Mike

Harvey decides to help Mike try to get a job as a lawyer, but in order to do so Mike would first have to stand in front of the character & fitness board AND have a supporting witness. Harvey ends up approaching Anita Gibbs and asking her to stand as a witness for Mike. As anyone who watches the show could have predicted, Anita gets incredibly pissed off that Harvey would dare to ask her and storms off. She then pays Mike a visit outside of his apartment building, warning him that if he ever tries to pursue a career in law again, she will destroy him.

7. Harvey is losing it

Throughout the entire episode, we see Harvey’s emotional state slowly deteriorating. He gets into an argument with Mike over the decision to decline the consulting job, and he avoids Louis after their initial argument about who should be managing partner. Harvey also avoids staying in the office, choosing to spend all of his time trying to find Mike a job rather than pulling the crumbling firm back together. Towards the very end of the episode, Louis approaches him to apologize, and Harvey absolutely loses it. Will Harvey be able to get himself together and save Specter Litt?

8. Rachel accepts Louis’s offer to work at Specter Litt

After stumbling upon Rachel’s offer letter to work for Robert Zane, Gretchen reminds Louis that Rachel deserves to be rewarded for her loyalty to the firm (gotta love Gretchen and her keen observations). Louis then gives Rachel an official offer letter to work for Specter Litt after her graduation… as a second year associate. Rachel is over the moon, and after 10 years (10 YEARS!) of hard work, she finally accepts an offer to work as a lawyer at Specter Litt.

9. Donna convinces Harvey to reconcile with his mother

After Donna cuts Harvey off during his meltdown concerning Louis, he reveals to her that he feels like Mike has abandoned him in his time of need, as has Jessica. Donna notes that Harvey has some very strong abandonment issues, and she suggests that in order to get over Mike and Jessica departing, he first needs to reconcile with his mother– the person who is responsible for his abandonment issues in the first place.

To find out what happens next on Suits, tune in to the USA Network on Wednesday, February 1 at 10/9C for a brand new episode.

You can also stream all the show’s latest episodes on USA’s website.

Photo Sources: 1/2/3/4/5/6 (not all photos are from S6E11)

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.