Chicken Thighs
Chicken Thighs
Christin Urso / Spoon

Orso’s Corner: Brown Sugar and Paprika Chicken

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts

Vegetable oil

4 tsp paprika

4 tsp brown sugar

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 tsp salt

Egg noodles

Broccoli

Directions:

1. Cut the 2 chicken breasts in half lengthwise so they cook quicker.

2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

3. Put the chicken on the baking sheet and then brush the chicken with the vegetable oil on both sides.

4. Combine the paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar, pepper and salt in a bowl. Then stir until fully mixed.

5. Then rub both sides of the chicken with the seasonings mixture. For this part, you will have to use your hands to get all of the seasonings on the chicken.

6. Once the chicken is coated in the seasonings, put it in the oven for 10 minutes and flip the chicken over halfway through.

7. While the chicken is cooking you can make side dishes like egg noodles and broccoli.

8. Once the chicken has been cooking for 10 minutes, take it out of the oven and check to make sure the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees. If it is not 165 degrees then put it back in the oven for 2-6 more minutes.

9. Once the chicken is done cooking, plate the chicken and side dishes and enjoy :)

Enjoyed this recipe? Check out our last recipe here and keep an eye out for our next article!

Annie Romanzo

Bentley '20

Hi! I am a junior at Bentley and majoring in Finance with a minor in Spanish. I am currently a loan director of the microfinance club and just recently ran a half marathon!
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.