This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

If you aren’t obsessed with avocados and avocado toast I’m really sorry, but we can’t be friends. This delicious food item can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or even a heavier snack. I’m gluten-free so I make mine with gluten-free bread, but don’t do that unless you hate yourself (or are like me and can’t have gluten). Avocado toast has been a staple in my diet for years, so I have my recipe down to a science. If I do say so myself, it’s pretty delicious. Here’s the secret recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1/2 avocado for 1 piece, 1 avocado for 2 pieces
  • 1-2 pieces of bread (I recommend sourdough)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic salt
  • red pepper flakes
  • lemon juice
  • hot sauce (I recommend “Frank’s Red Hot”)
  • 1 hard-boiled egg
  • arugula

Instructions:

• Toast bread until golden brown (I like my toast on the darker side and almost burnt, but I’m kind of weird).
  • Slice avocado then mash on a cutting board with a fork until it is a pasty texture.
  • Spread mashed avocado onto the toast in a thick layer.
  • Pour a small drizzle of lemon juice over the avocado.
  • Season the toast with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes to taste.
  • Add a few drops of hot sauce to the toast (again, put as much as you like. Some people like their food spicier than others).
  • Peel hard-boiled egg and cut it into thin, circular slices. Add one row of egg slices to the top of the toast.
  • Add a very small amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the top of the eggs.
  • Garnish the top of the toast with a few pieces of arugula.
  • Enjoy!
I am a senior at Bentley University studying Corporate Finance and Accounting. I am a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and campus correspondent for Bentley's chapter of HerCampus. I also work as an intern at an accounting firm! When I’m not writing articles for HerCampus, you can find me in line at Dunkin’.