If you aren’t obsessed with avocados and avocado toast I’m really sorry, but we can’t be friends. This delicious food item can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or even a heavier snack. I’m gluten-free so I make mine with gluten-free bread, but don’t do that unless you hate yourself (or are like me and can’t have gluten). Avocado toast has been a staple in my diet for years, so I have my recipe down to a science. If I do say so myself, it’s pretty delicious. Here’s the secret recipe:
- 1/2 avocado for 1 piece, 1 avocado for 2 pieces
- 1-2 pieces of bread (I recommend sourdough)
- garlic salt
- red pepper flakes
- lemon juice
- hot sauce (I recommend “Frank’s Red Hot”)
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Toast bread until golden brown (I like my toast on the darker side and almost burnt, but I’m kind of weird).
- Slice avocado then mash on a cutting board with a fork until it is a pasty texture.
- Spread mashed avocado onto the toast in a thick layer.
- Pour a small drizzle of lemon juice over the avocado.
- Season the toast with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce to the toast (again, put as much as you like. Some people like their food spicier than others).
- Peel hard-boiled egg and cut it into thin, circular slices. Add one row of egg slices to the top of the toast.
- Add a very small amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the top of the eggs.
- Garnish the top of the toast with a few pieces of arugula.