This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Even though the weather seems to be telling us otherwise, spring will soon be upon us. I’m always looking for ways to change up my beauty routine to better fit the upcoming season; here are some suggestions for ways that you can be sure your makeup routine is ready for spring and the (hopefully) warmer weather that comes with it!

Face

In the springtime, having glowing skin is the goal—it looks healthier, and gives the illusion of being sun-kissed. In order to achieve this, I try to use a foundation with a dewy finish. Be sure not to build it up too much, as it can quickly make you look extra oily instead of just having a healthy glow. My go-to dewy foundation is the L’Oreal True Match Lumi.

Bronzer, blush, and highlighter are all necessary to complete your spring makeup look as well. I typically go for a warmer bronzer shade, such as the Nars Laguna Bronzer, and brush it lightly across the face to evoke a sun-kissed look. As for blush, my go-to is the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso—it’s the perfect warm peach shade for spring. My favorite highlighter at the moment has been the Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Sin, which gives a gold-champagne glow. 

Eyes

For the springtime, the lighter the better with respect to eye makeup, as using lighter shades can make you look more awake and also make your eyes look more open. At the moment, my favorite palette has been the Jaclyn Hill Palette from Morphe, which is an affordable option with a wide variety of colors that let you achieve any look. The ColourPop Pressed Powder Shadow palette in All I See is Magic is also great for the spring, featuring a lot of light-neutral colors along with a few pops of color.

Speaking of color, using a brightly-colored eyeliner can help to define your eyes and give your everyday makeup look a new spin. My favorite colors to use are blues and greens, which bring out the color of your eyes to make them pop. My favorites to use are the NYX Slide-On Pencil eyeliners in Tropical Green and Azure.

Lips

A bold lip in the spring is always a good idea. A pop of bright pink or peach is the perfect way to bring your makeup look to a new level and help you make a statement this season. My favorite bold lip colors are the Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir gloss in the shade Fuchsia Flourish and the Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Watermelon.

If you aren’t keen on bold colors and want something simpler, a nude lip will work for any season. My favorite lip product for the past few weeks has been the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer. It is a shade that will look flattering on anyone, and is a long-lasting gloss that doesn’t feel sticky on the lips. This product is a must-have, especially for an everyday spring and summer makeup look.

Skincare

Having a skincare routine is important all year round, including during the spring and summer. Washing your face in the mornings and at night is important, especially since you may sweat or become oilier throughout the day as the weather starts getting warmer. The face wash I have been using is the Biore Baking Soda Acne Scrub. One of the most important steps in my skin care routine has been using a toner, and the only one I have been reaching for is the Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner, which helps tremendously with acne.

Another tip is to use a face mask a few times a month. Whether you do one multiple times a week or every other week, the right face mask can give your skin the healing it needs. My favorite is the Origins Out of Trouble mask, which is especially great for troubled skin.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.