Let’s Get Crafty: Spring Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

What’s the best way to snap out of your winter blues? Make some colorful and fun crafts for the spring! These fun and easy crafts will really spruce up your dorm room and get you excited for the spring season!

Make your own floral bouquet with pens and pencils!

These floral pens will brighten up your dorm room, and every time you go to grab a pen, you’ll think of spring!

What You’ll Need:

• Pens/pencils
  • Some silk flowers found at your local craft store
  • Floral tape

The Steps:

1. First, take off the bottom of the pen (you may have to use a knife to do this on some pens).
  2. Trim the flower so that it is about the length of the pen.
  3. Fit the stem into the pen and then wrap the floral tape around the pen, starting at the bottom and wrapping tightly until you get to the top.
  4. Secure the last bit of tape right under the flower at the end of the pen. You now have your very own flower pen that will bring spring right into your dorm room!

Stay organized and add some color to your closet with these DIY colorful hangers

It’s been a long winter, and your closet may be in need of some serious changes. Revamp your closet with these DIY hangers, which will definitely brighten up your closet and your mood as you get ready for your 8 AM class.

What You’ll Need:

• Hangers
  • Yarn
  • Tape
  • Scissors

The Steps:

1. First, tie or tape the yarn under the curve of the top part of the hanger.
  2. Continuously wrap the yarn around until you get back to the top. It’s that easy! Now you can have a closetful of brightly colored hangers!

Plant some succulents or cactuses in your dorm room!

This is a great way to make it feel like its spring, and they’re easy to take care of!

What You’ll Need:

• Clay pots
  • Craft paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Pebbles or gravel
  • Dirt or soil
  • A succulent or cactus

The Steps:

1. The first thing you need to do is to paint your pot with bright, cheery colors for spring! Use a bunch of different craft paints to paint the pot.
  2. Let the pot dry, and then pour in some of your pebbles at the bottom of the pot so that there is some drainage.
  3. Add in your soil and plant.
  4. Pat the soil at the top so that it’s firm, then add some more pebbles at the top if you want! Now you have a plant to spruce up your dorm room just in time for spring!

Make some art to brighten up your walls!

You can paint whatever you want to brighten up your room. All you need is a white canvas and some pens or markers.

What You’ll Need:

• A small white canvas (You can get this at your local craft store, Walmart, or Target)
  • Craft paint, colored pencils, colored pens, or sharpies

The Steps:

1. Take out your canvas and start painting or coloring!
  2. You can add an inspiring quote, paint some bright flowers or even create a mandala. Now you have something colorful to hang on your wall for spring!

Other things you can do to make your dorm ready for Spring:

• Open the window and let in some fresh air!
  • Buy a new, colorful blanket or throw pillow to brighten up your space.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter. 
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.