This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As we move further along in the semester, it can be easy to become overwhelmed with your workload. I find it difficult to manage my time when I am tasked with tests, projects, homework, and regularly scheduled classes. In order to get a better grasp on this abundance of obligations, there are a couple of systems I like to have in place. Here’s a few of them:

• Break up your work by changing my location occasionally. I find spending hours in my room at my desk to be tiring and it is easy for me to lose motivation or focus. Differentiating where I study throughout the day helps me stay attentive and prevents me from feeling burnt out. Some of my favorite places to do work include the library study rooms, Smith Technology Center, and LaCava. I always try to find a seat near a window as the natural lighting makes me feel energized and joyful.
  • Do work with friends when you can
  • Designate alone time to relax and take a break from work
  • Set time aside to eat meals and try to not always do work while eating
  • Get ready for the day. I always feel better about myself when I have on an outfit I like and thus feel more motivated.
  • Reward yourself with something nice. When I am at the library, I reward myself with a coffee from Einstein’s next door.
  • Try to take quality notes during class so you have less work to do later
  • You do not have to finish one assignment before starting another one. If you have been stuck on a math problem for a while and are getting frustrated, switch to an English assignment to use a different part of your brain.
  • Take a break and do something else productive. When I am overwhelmed with work and need to rest my mind, I still like to feel productive. I will clean my room, schedule my day, workout, shower, etc.
  • Try to do work between classes. If you have an open block, this will leave you less work for the nighttime, so you have time to wind down or spend time with friends. I find most people do not have classes beyond 5pm, so it is best to reserve these times for social interaction and knock out work earlier in the day.
Hi! My name is Kaylee, and I am a sophomore at Bentley University. I am majoring in Business Economics with a concentration in marketing.