This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We’ve all been through that bad breakup. Whether you two were just talking, hanging out, or dating for years, cutting things off can always leave you feeling sad, insecure, and vulnerable. Here are some of my tips for getting over someone.

• Stop checking their social media – unfollow them, if you even want to go the extra mile
  • Vent to your closest friends
  • Work in some self care, like watching your favorite movie, pampering yourself, or going to the gym
  • Forget your insecurities – wear your favorite outfit and post a picture you feel confident in on social media
  • Try seeing other people once you feel up to it!

How do you move on from a breakup?

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!