Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How To React When: You Like a Post from Forever Ago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We all dread when this happens. You’re just casually scrolling through social media and you like a post that is nowhere near the top of their page. If this happens, which it happens to the best of us, this is how you should react:

1. Scream

You know the drill by now, just do it.2. Quickly unlike the post

This is a crucial step when you like an old post. If the person doesn’t have push notifications, then there is no way they will see the accidental like. If they do have notifications, then you must be super quick and unlike it so the notification quickly disappears.

3. Overthink

We all do this. You might as well make up an excuse now so if you’re ever asked about it (which you won’t be if you follow the previous step) you have a quick response. The best it to just blame it on your dog.

4. Forget it even happened

Don’t dwell on this, we all do it. If they saw the notification, they probably have already forgotten about it by the next time you see them!If you like this How to React article, check out my last one here.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Bentley and majoring in IDCC with a minor in Gender Studies. I love dogs and chocolate.