This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

While most series recommendations are geared towards Netflix, I wanted to try a different streaming service to see what they had to offer.  HBO original series are highly rated so I decided to give it a try.  I was recommended The Undoing by family, and learned it is highly ranked among HBO shows.  I binge watched the whole 6 episode series within 24 hours, and here are my thoughts (without spoilers).

Written by David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies) and directed by Susanne Bier (The Night Manager), this miniseries is a psychological thriller that follows a wealthy family living in NYC who seems to live a perfect life.  Grace Fraser (Nicole Kidman) is a successful therapist and her husband Jonathan (Hugh Grant) is a well renowned pediatric oncologist. The two have a son, Henry, who attends an elite private school.  With a violent death, missing spouse, and killer on the loose, this series follows the chain of terrible events while revealing ugly truths.

The Undoing keeps you on your toes and guessing until the very end.  The episodes follow the trial and the exposure of deep family secrets.  There is a constant battle between heart and mind in this show on who to trust.  This complicated short series has you empathizing with various characters and will leave you in shock.  Give this HBO series a watch and make sure to leave enough time to binge!  (Trust me you won’t want to stop after just one episode!)

Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!