Four Fall Beverages that You Can Prepare in Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Fall is upon us, Falcons—the explosive season of blissful catharsis and eager new beginnings.  As the leaves bid us adieu in a fiery display of spellbinding hues, we are reminded of the empowering nature of relinquishing the old and welcoming in the new—including new classes, new wardrobes, and, of course, new flavors. Keep reading to find four new fall beverages that are equally decadent, delicious, and easy to prepare.

Maple Chai Tea Latte

From Through Her Looking Glass

Heat 1 ½ cups of milk in a microwave for about one minute, or until steaming—not boiling. Pour the steaming milk over a chai tea bag in a mug, and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup. For some extra spice, add a dash of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to capture all of the flavors of fall.

Apple Cider Float

From Domestically Blissful

To make this treat stay colder for longer, leave your cup in the freezer for about 30 minutes prior to preparing the beverage. Scoop vanilla ice cream into a large cup, and gently pour in equal parts sparkling and regular apple cider. Top the float with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and caramel sauce; add an apple slice and a cinnamon stick to make it extra Instagram-worthy.

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

From Chocolate, Chocolate, and More; image from Lauren Kelly Nutrition

Heat about 2 cups of milk in the microwave to a simmer—this should take approximate a minute and a half. Carefully add in ½ cup of white chocolate chips, then continue to heat the milk for another 30-45 seconds (or until the chips are completely melted). Stir the milk-white chocolate concoction, then add in ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin spice, and stir until blended. Add some whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice on top, and enjoy!

Brown Sugar Latte

From Shugary Sweets

Start out by brewing 1 cup of coffee.

In a large mug, heat up 1 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in the microwave for about one minute. Take a fork and vigorously whisk the milk/brown sugar mix until frothy (or, if you have a frother, froth for about 15 seconds). Stir 1-2 tablespoons of caramel sauce into the coffee until dissolved, and then pour the coffee over the frothed milk in the mug. Top it off with whipped cream and caramel sauce for an extra sweet fix!

Do you have any autumnal recipes that capture the spices of the season? Share your favorites in the comments below!

Images: Cover Photo

Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.