This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Do you ever find yourself wandering aimlessly down the aisles of the supermarket, just looking around? It’s not like you remembered to make a shopping list so you just hope that the more you meander, the more likely it is you’ll remember what it is that you actually need. And then you find yourself in the baking aisle. Baking – something everyone loves to do, if not for how calming it is to bake then for having a delicious treat at the end of the process. So, here you are, surrounding by baking supplies, lamenting the fact that you’re not good at baking, or cooking, or really anything else in the kitchen. Well now, I’ll tell you what you can make: simple, delicious, and Easy As Pie. (I will not apologize for the pun)

First things first, get a pre made pie crust.

That’s right, premade. How much easier can it get?

Next, continue on in the aisle until you find the pudding and jello mixes. (Optional next step: Contemplate getting jello for jello shots.) Get a chocolate pudding mix, this’ll be inside of your pie.

If you’re feeling particularly lazy, you could even get premade chocolate pudding cups. Hey, it’s college, you’re allowed to be lazy.

Now go to the fruit and vegetable section of the grocery store. I know this can be intimidating and remind you of all the nutrients you probably aren’t getting while living at college, but you’ve got to face the facts sometimes! Look for bananas (I really hope you remember what they look like) but if not, feel free to ask someone else. (Also a daunting task, talking to strangers, but you can do it!) Pick out a couple of ripe bananas, some for the pie and maybe one to just eat on its own, can’t do you any harm.

Next step, is just to assemble the pie! (You should probably wait until you get home for this one, don’t do it while still at the grocery store.)

If you went all out and got the chocolate pudding mix, prepare it using the instructions on the back of the box. If you were lazy, congratulate yourself on being lazy. Once you have the completed pudding, set it aside for a second.

Next, cut up the banana. I usually like to do this in really thin cuts, but whatever floats your banana boat is fine. (Wow, that joke was really lame, I’m not sorry.) Take the pie crust, make sure you take the protective cover off of it, and then put the banana slices in the pie crust. I’d suggest doing a full layer but like I said, whatever you want do with it. Once you have a layer of banana, come back to the pudding.

Have you tested the pudding yet? Is it good? You should probably have a spoon full or two just to make sure it’s properly prepared. Don’t have too much though! Remember, we’re trying to make a pie, not just eat pudding. Spread a layer of pudding over the bananas. You can fully fill the pie crust, or, if you’re feeling adventurous, fill it half way and do more bananas (you could use the potassium). You can either finish with a layer of bananas on top of the pudding, or hide the banana altogether and surprise your friends with fruit (that is, if you’re sharing this pie with friends).

And hey! That’s it! You just made a pie!! Let it chill in the fridge or just go right ahead and eat it, you deserve a reward for all the hard work you put into it!!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.