This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Since returning to Bentley for this Spring semester, it’s hard to not notice how many things on campus are *still* broken. You would’ve thought that with having the majority of students off campus for a few weeks they would’ve had time to fix some things. Guess not, even though we definitely pay enough to have everything up and in working condition.

The elevator in Jennison

No matter where it is on campus that you’re walking from, by the time you get to the bottom floor of Jennison you don’t want to have to walk anymore! This is especially true for those of us who have a class on the fourth floor – there is no way you want to go up four flights of stairs after that uphill battle. Even if you’re just using the elevator as a break on your way to somewhere else, it’s a total inconvenience that it is broken. Get it together Bentley.

The espresso machine in Einstein’s

Surprise, surprise, the espresso machine is broken again! To be honest, I don’t think I remember the last time that it was working. I think it’s time we start considering that maybe the machine is permanently broken. I would say that the only other possible explanation is that the machine has been taken over by a malevolent spirit and the workers don’t want to have to deal with it. Maybe we should just get a new espresso machine.

Cold Brew in Seasons

The new cold brew machine was giving us a cold shoulder when students swarmed back to campus and back to Seasons. I guess the school was trying to give Seasons a little something new in our snowy months, but that didn’t last long. Too cold for cold coffee, the new machine decided it didn’t want to have to work either. Where oh where on campus can we get a decent cup of Joe with all of these machines breaking down on us! Let’s just hope that malevolent espresso machine spirit stays put in Einstein’s and doesn’t move all around campus.

Printers

Multiple times in the past week I’ve trekked up to the library on my way to a class, needing to print something out last minute. Don’t get me wrong, I try not to let the printers know that I’m doing it last minute because I know that they can sense my fear. But the problem has been out of hand recently – whether it be that it can’t read my card when I swipe it, that the server is down, or if my fear of being late to class really is enough to stop it from working, someone needs to come and fix these printers!

Mail Stop

Nothing says the start of a new semester quite like the mail stop getting overrun with packages. Whether it be your parents sending you everything you forgot to pack, your new textbooks you ordered at a huge discount compared to the bookstore, or even just some new additions to your winter wardrobe, the mail stop seems to always be a mess. You would think that by now they would know how to handle this situation, but they don’t appear to. Not only have packages gotten backlogged but their emails have been off, sending people a reminder of a package without them ever receiving the initial arrival email. Either way, the mail stop is as dysfunctional as ever.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.