nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

BBM 2018 – Success or Flop?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Breakfast by Moonlight is a treasured Bentley tradition where the Residence Hall Association puts on a breakfast between 11pm and 1am the night of Reading Day. Each year RHA chooses an organization to partner with and benefit. This year, RHA chose to support Love Your Melon, an American hat and apparel company that donates 50% of its profits to help children in the U.S. who have pediatric cancer.

In the past, it cost $2 to get into Breakfast by Moonlight unless you dressed in a chosen theme that usually corresponded with the partner organization, in which case it cost $1 to get in. This is the first year that BBM was offered free to students, which resulted in a huge turnout. The food selection contained the usual pancakes, bacon, and tater-tots and had a new addition of ice cream this year.

There were mixed reviews on this year’s BBM. While some complained that the food was just normal 921/Season’s food, the majority said that it was cooked better and most seemed to enjoy the addition of the ice cream bar. The general consensus was that the bacon and tater-tots were perfectly crispy, and the pancakes were good but too small. On the other hand, the line for the ice cream bar was too long for some people to enjoy it. Additionally, the line to get into BBM was so long that many people chose not to go or left before getting in. Some opted to go to IHOP or Wendy’s instead for late night food. At certain times the event was so busy that people were kicked out as soon as they finished eating.

Overall, the event seemed to be a success, but in the future it might be better to still charge a small amount to get in so that turnout is reduced to a reasonable number.

Images from: https://loveyourmelon.com

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.