This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name: Aman Ailani

Graduation Year: May 2020

Hometown: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)

Major: Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship

Her Campus Bentley: Describe yourself in three words.

Aman Ailani: Hardworking, compassionate, and enthusiastic

HCB: What’s your favorite place in the world and why?

AA: Dubai. It’s my stomping grounds. I’m sure I’ll learn to love Boston, and I love it already, but Dubai is where I grew up. I know everything about it and I know so many people there. It’s also where I practice golf, so it just has a special place in my heart with lots of memories. I’m sure I’ll eventually have lots of memories here as well, but at this point Dubai is my favorite place.

HCB: What’s your favorite Bentley experience so far?

AA: First hockey game when we played Northeastern. The first game was lit when it was tied 1-1. That was such a good time, and that was my first ever hockey game. Love the hockey team here… they’re my boys.

HCB: How’d you get into golf?

AA: So I used to play varsity soccer for three years as a goalkeeper, but I had a nasty injury where I got a double fracture and dislocated my left ankle in 2013. I had to get surgery, was on crutches for 3 months, and couldn’t walk for 5 months. So, all contact sports were out of the window, and I had dabbled in golf, but I started playing properly in January 2014.

HCB: What’s your favorite part about being on the golf team?

AA: The camaraderie. Obviously having facilities and a place to practice is nice, but the best part is having a band of brothers. I just love all of them and they love each other too… in a very non-weird way.

HCB: What’s your pickup line of choice?

AA: Do you have a Band-Aid?

HCB: Uhhhh…no.

AA: I scraped my knee falling for you… but that’s cheesy, I wouldn’t use that.

HCB: If someone went to Dubai, what would you tell them they had to do?

AA: Definitely go to the top of the Burj Khalifa… I think it’s still the tallest building in the world. It’s just so cool, especially if you can see it on a clear day, because you can see Iran across the Persian Gulf. Desert safaris and water parks are also fun, and if you play golf, Dubai is prime for that.

HCB: What do you look for in a girlfriend? Relationship status?

AA: (*Laughs*) I’m very much single. Honestly if she’s just a funny, loving, caring and smart person I wouldn’t mind hanging out more. Obviously looks are a nice plus, but I’m not looking for anything more specific than that.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.