sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and since we posted an article yesterday about what single people can do for Valentine’s Day, we figured that it was only appropriate to write one for all of you in relationships out there. Without further ado, here are some of my best Valentine’s Day date ideas.

1. Cook dinner together

There is a reason that this is a classic pick for Valentine’s Day dates. Cooking together can be a fun way to extend the length of the date and have more quality time to talk with one another (as well as save money!). Rather than fighting to make a reservation at crowded restaurant on Tuesday night, find a recipe that you both like and go shopping for the ingredients together beforehand. Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of wine (if you’re 21+) and some dessert to enjoy with your meal. Tasty is a great place to find recipes and how-to videos (in fact, my boyfriend and I are making this steak dinner for Valentine’s Day)!

2. Get a couples massage

Massages can be extremely expensive, and I think that many people our age don’t consider this option because of that. Lucky for us, however, we live in the age of Groupon. Use the site/app to find some great deals and treat yo self to a couples massage on Valentine’s Day!

3. Visit Eataly

When my boyfriend and I want to go out for a nice dinner, Italian restaurants are usually our go-to. There’s just something about the food and the atmosphere that feels romantic. Step up your Valentine’s Day game by visiting Eataly in Boston. Peruse aisles of authentic, high-quality Italian foods and drinks, purchase something to cook together later, or stop for a bite of gelato! 

4. Explore a new place

One of my roommates and her boyfriend are always taking off to little towns throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as they love to explore places that they’ve never been to. This is a unique way to spend more time with your date and have a lot of fun while doing so. You can plan to sit down for a meal if you’d like, but it’s often just as wonderful to simply wander through all the different shops and sights that the town has to offer. Google “towns to explore in mass” to find some great options!

5. Take it outside

I know, I know– it’s February in New England, so it’s obviously going to be a little chilly outside. If you’re strong enough to brave the weather, however, taking a stroll with your date could be very worth it. Some of the best conversations that my boyfriend and I have ever had have happend on walks we’ve taken together, and beyond that, walking itself can be very peaceful. Head into Boston to walk along the Charles, explore the North End, or meander downtown. You can always pop into a bar if you get cold (and are 21+, of course)!

Photo Sources: 1/2/3/4/5

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.