This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Now that the fall semester is over and we are enjoying the holidays, it’s almost time to start thinking about the spring semester! While you might not be ready to go back to school just yet, here are a few reasons why you should start looking forward to next semester:

1. You get to see your friends again!

Especially if you don’t live near your college friends, winter break can be an awfully long time to spend away from everyone. Spending time with your family is great, but your friends are a family away from home and it’s only natural to miss them over break. Don’t worry, the spring semester is right around the corner! You’ll be spending time together soon enough (and maybe with that special someone too)!

2. The weather starts to get warmer and the days get longer.

The fall semester can get depressing as the days get short and cold. December 21st is the shortest day; it’s only up from there! One of the best things about the spring semester is enjoying warm spring weather out on the Green Space. It’ll be here before we know it!

3. All new classes!

By the time finals are over in the fall, most of us have become pretty bored with our current classes. The spring semester offers a new start with all new classes and all new professors. Look forward to the upcoming classes and get excited for school!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.