This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

By: Marissa Adamo

study tips

1. Do not fall behind or procrastinate. College school work is very fast-paced, and it isn’t easy to catch back up!
  2. Take advantage of office hours. It’s your chance to get one-on-one time with a highly qualified teacher if you are struggling.
  3. Stay organized and manage your time efficiently.
weekly schedule journal spread
Original photo by Julia Irminger

Student Finance

1. Consider renting textbooks or buying used ones, or borrow from upperclassmen if they have already purchased them.
  2. Take advantage of things that are already paid for, such as on-campus meals and library services!
  3. Buy the essential room necessities first, then get the decorations after. This will help
    your wallet by a mile.

Social life/College life

1. Make a real effort to get to know more people. Be outgoing and willing to
    meet new people! Your friends will change a lot over the next four years. Let them.
  2. Learn how to say NO. Learn your priorities and find a comfortable work-life balance to
    maintain relationships and grades.
  3. Join clubs, Greek life, and sports with what you can manage. I joined the Bentley University Swim and Dive team my freshman year and built my way to two clubs by my junior year because it was a lot to handle all at once as a freshman.
Chi Omega Sorority Girls
Cassie Howard / Her Campus

selecting classes/majors

Book, candle, and glasses
Photo by Courtney Free
  1. Research professors (ratemyprofessor is an excellent resource!) and take classes
    outside of your major. This will open you up to new ideas and people.
Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.