This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Welcome Week has officially come and gone, and now we’re all settling into our first classes of the Fall semester. One of the main reasons I chose to come to Belmont over the other schools I applied to is because I felt like they actually cared about me as a transfer student. Now that I’m on campus and starting my first semester as a sophomore, I still feel this way.

Let’s take a trip back to the Sunday when Welcome Week started. I checked in, met my Towering Traditions (TT) leaders and my other group members, and I already started to make friends and feel comfortable here. I only knew one person from home (who is also a transfer student!), and I was really worried when we weren’t placed in the same group.

After going to some TT events, I felt like this experience could be okay after all. One of the best parts about TT was that I was put in a group with other transfer students, many of them coming from local community colleges like myself. I felt really connected to them, and even though we’ve started classes, we still keep in touch. I even have some of them in my classes!

Belmont attracted me because I felt like I was more than a piece of paper. More than an application. More than a number or an SAT score. I have an advisor that works strictly with transfer students to make sure that we get the most out of Belmont education. I don’t feel out of place, or babied, or shunned for my college background at all. Belmont is one of the most welcoming places I’ve ever been to, and I can’t wait to get the semester rolling!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram.

Rachel Smith

Belmont '21

Hi everyone, my name is Rache!l I am a college blogger over at www.carouselofrachel.wordpress.com and I am passionate about Jesus, iced coffee and digital media. I attend Belmont University in Nashville, TN studying Entertainment Industry Studies + Hospitality Management! I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority and the Vice President of Membership for Women in Entertainment. I love traveling, pro wrestling, reading, and history,