This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Victoria Pan

Year: Senior

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Major/Minor:  English/French + Legal Studies

Role at HC Belmont: Senior Editor

Why did you choose Belmont?  

My family moved to Nashville and I wanted to stay close while still finding a way to participate in an artsy, up-and-coming community. 

What’re your career goals? 

I’m really interested in international law and potentially doing legal analysis overseas with some wiggle room for my writing career.  

Favorite place to go in Nashville? 

Other than my bed? Parnassus Books. I’m a very predictable English major. 

Do you have any hobbies? 

Aside from reading and writing and reading stuff about writing, I love video games – I find them to be a really interesting method of storytelling that fascinates me, to the point of being that one person that reads game reviews/news and watches playthroughs. I’m also a really big skincare/beauty nut, or a “goo collector” as my friend calls me. 

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont? 

Either Gothic Lit with Dr. Murray or History of the English Language with Dr. Monteverde.

Top 3 favorite bands? 

According to Spotify’s tracking:Nothing but Thieves, The National, and The 1975. 

Favorite Movie? 

Inception. 

Favorite quote?  

This feels like a betrayal to my tattoo, which is a quote from Shakespeare’s Macbeth, but “We have not yet touched the stars, nor are we forgiven, which brings us back to the hero’s shoulders, and the gentleness that comes, not from the absence of violence, but despite the abundance of it” from Richard Siken’s poem, “Snow and Dirty Rain”. 

Favorite Food?  

Lemon meringue tarts. Alternatively, anything with salted caramel. 

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team? 

This is going to be my first semester with HerCampus, but as someone who’s roomed with a HerCampus member for two years, I can attest to how great the team is and how fun it is to be a part of – I mean, it won me over! 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Victoria is a senior English major at Belmont University minoring in Legal Studies and French. A proud Californian, she loves eggs, spy movies, and the Dogspotting group on Facebook.
Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.