This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Why did you choose Belmont? 

I chose Belmont for multiple different reasons! First of all, I love the campus and Nashville. It’s gorgeous and there is so much to do in this city. I also really like how unique it is and since it’s smaller, there is a really great sense of community both with students and faculty! Lastly, there’s so much opportunity here that can help you grow throughout college. 

What are your career goals? 

I hope to one day work for a marketing/PR firm or in advertising for fashion, music, and lifestyle brands. Specifically, I would love to do something with digital media! I also hope to one day start my own firm! 

Favorite place in Nashville? 

My favorite place in Nashville is any unique coffee shop! Also Love Circle, which overlooks the city. It’s such a cute little spot to take pictures and have picnics. 

Name: Reynna Nelson

Year: Sophomore 

Hometown: Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Major: Marketing 

Role at HC Belmont: Social Media Director 

Do you have any hobbies?

I really love running! I try to run every day and hope to run a half-marathon this coming spring/summer! I also am an avid music lover. I’m always listening to music and love singing. Lastly, I am obsessed with the enneagram. I bring it up in almost any situation and love reading/listening to podcasts about it. 

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont? 

My favorite class I have taken at Belmont so far is speech. I had a really great teacher (s/o Dr. S.) and a fun class! I also enjoy talking in front of people, especially about information that I’m passionate about! I also enjoyed my accounting class because I like math (lol). 

Top 3 favorite bands?

This is really hard for me to choose but I would have to say Mumford and Sons, The Eagles, and Elton John. :) 

Favorite movie?

My favorite movie at the moment is “Bohemian Rhapsody”. I was raised listening to oldies music like Queen, so I LOVE that movie (I saw in theatres twice)! 

Favorite quote?

“We decide what we’ll give to the world and what we’ll take. Love big; pack light!” -Bob Goff

Favorite food? 

My favorite food is definitely apples and peanut butter! I have at least three apples a day, no joke.

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team? 

I would say to go for it! I just stepped into my position a few weeks ago and I’m already having a blast with it! Everyone is also super nice! I also really love the purpose of Her Campus and how it empowers us college girls to relate on similar levels. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.