This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Rachel Smith    

Year: Sophomore    

Hometown: Cary, North Carolina

Major/Minor: Entertainment Industry Studies

Role at HC Belmont: Content Creator!

Why did you choose Belmont?

I chose Belmont because of the opportunities it could bring me. I also chose Belmont because it felt like they cared about me from the moment I applied. As a transfer student, it’s hard to get involved and have a campus feel like home if you’re here for less than four years. Belmont really made me feel like they wanted me to come there and that they were dedicated to making my transition to Nashville as easy as possible!

What’re your career goals?

I want to work in sports entertainment, specifically in professional wrestling. I think one of the things that I would love to do is work in talent relations, so I would manage and book talent.

Favorite place to go in Nashville?

Nashville is such a fun city and I always love exploring because you never know what you will see! Some of my favorite things to do are exploring the various street art you can find or catching a show at The Ryman!

Do you have any hobbies?

Some hobbies that I have are reading a good book, playing tennis, travelling, photography, watching professional wrestling, blogging, and watching YouTube.  

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont?

This will be my first year at Belmont since I am transferring from another school but I am excited to take some classes within my major.

Top 3 favorite bands?

This is so hard because I love all kinds of music but I would have to say 5 Seconds of Summer, All Time Low and LANY.

Favorite Movie?

I love Inside Out from Pixar but I also love the Night at the Museum franchise (because I’m a history nerd) and I adore Star Wars and Marvel!

Favorite quote?

“Don’t look back, that’s not where you’re going” -Inga Copeland

Favorite Food?

I. Love. Chicken. Nuggets.

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team?

Go for it! I am so thrilled to being joining such an incredible group of young ladies this semester and I am excited to see where it takes me! Her Campus is such a fun organization and anything you can do to meet new people and experience new things is going to be great!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Syracuse University '16
Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.