This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Madelyn Anderson

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Round Rock, Texas

Major/Minor: Music Business with an emphasis in International Music Business

Role at HC Belmont: Social Media assistant

Why did you choose Belmont? I was drawn to the majors that Belmont offered, and the amazing courses that came with it. Also, Belmont was one of the few schools I looked at that offered a music business major as well as an international business emphasis. I fell in love with the campus and the incredible people I met along the way.  

What’re your career goals? It has always been a passion of mine to travel and as of right now, I would love to move abroad and work in other countries music scenes. However, as a freshman I know there is always room for my passions to evolve, so that goal can change soon.

Favorite place to go in Nashville? I love to go to The Frist Art Museum. Right now there is a surrealist exhibit featuring Van Gogh and Monet works, and I love to go by myself and admire the art in silence. It’s a nice way to take a break from school and enjoy something by yourself.

Do you have any hobbies?

I love to read classic literature, as well as listen to movie soundtracks. You can find me singing along to some of my favorite songs and taking as many photos as I can with my camera. Also a fun tidbit, I am a huge nerd for astronomy or astrophysics. So ask me any question pertaining to those subjects and I might know the answer.  

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont? So far, my favorite class has been my Survey of Music Business class with Professor Wacholtz. He had so much faith in us that we would succeed in the industry, it really made the experience memorable. Plus, I learned the basics of this industry that helped me land an internship during my second semester!

Top 3 favorite bands? 1. Bastille 2. Panic at the Disco 3. Brett Eldredge

Favorite Movie? “The Theory of Everything”  

Favorite quote? “Veni, Vidi, Amavi” … “We came, we saw, we loved”  

Favorite Food? My great-grandmother’s famous zugo recipe. What can I say? I’m proud to be Italian.  

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team? If you want to be a part of a community that constantly empowers one another, and brings each other up, I would say go for it. The ladies I have met since recently joining are nothing but full of love and kindness; I am so glad to have joined this group of fine women.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a senior at Belmont University in Nashville and a lifelong Tennessean. She is majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies with a minor in Business Administration. She loves binge watching dramas on Netflix, going to Predators games, and spending time with family and friends.