This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Maddie Frias

Year: Junior

Hometown: Chandler, Arizona

Major/Minor: Double Major in Music Business and Songwriting

Role at HC Belmont: Events Director!

Why did you choose Belmont?

I chose Belmont because it is in Nashville and because of the songwriting program!

What’re your career goals?

While I would love to be a songwriter, I would also love to work in a publishing company pitching songs and helping to develop writers. I would also be perfectly happy running my own little bookstore!

Favorite place to go in Nashville?

The pedestrian bridge, especially when my brother is here. It’s his favorite place and we spend a lot of time there haha!

Do you have any hobbies?

I love to bake, read, play video games and write songs.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont?

Oh geez. Honestly I really enjoyed my Fundamentals of Speech class! Never thought anyone would say that huh?

Top 3 favorite artists?

Oh gosh…Rascal Flatts, The Maine, and Taylor Swift

Favorite Movie?

Every Marvel Movie and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Favorite quote?

“Be the change you want to see in the world” –Ghandi  

Favorite Food?

Pizza or Chinese Food

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team?

Do it! There are so many opportunities to express yourself and meet amazing people.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a senior at Belmont University in Nashville and a lifelong Tennessean. She is majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies with a minor in Business Administration. She loves binge watching dramas on Netflix, going to Predators games, and spending time with family and friends.