This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: LeeAnna Fewell

Year: Senior

Hometown: Jackson, Tennessee

Major/Minor: Motion Pictures Major, Video Production Minor

Role at HC Belmont: Writer

Why did you choose Belmont?

I choose Belmont because of my major. I was interested in film, and I wanted to see what the film program was like. I also liked that it was a small private Christian school. Belmont is two and a half hours from my house so it is close enough if I need or want to go home while remaining far enough away to get a more college experience.

What’re your career goals?

My career goal is to go into editing. It doesn’t have to a full length feature; it can be small films or advertisements. I’m pretty open to new ideas and opportunities as well should my career goals change.

Favorite place to go in Nashville?

I don’t really have a favorite place in Nashville because I’m always trying to go somewhere new, but if I had to pick, it’d be McDougals, the chicken restaurant across the street from the Belcourt Theatre. I’m there at least once a month.

Do you have any hobbies?

I love to read, paint, and try new experiences. I’m always reading something whether it’s with a physical book or an e-book. I love to paint, and every year I bring my easel and paint sets with me even if I don’t always have time for it. I like to stay pretty busy throughout the year and any show or event that doesn’t happen during classes or work is a mandatory event to me because you only have right then to do it. Tomorrow’s never guaranteed and I wanna take every chance I get.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Belmont?

My favorite class that I’ve taken has to be Advanced Editing with Terry Dull. I learned a lot, even if it felt like my computer was the only one glitching, and I think that I gained some valuable skills that I can use later in life and with my career. Editing a version of “Built by Life” was hard, but I think the skills and practice I gained from it was well worth the trouble and stress of the assignment. If you’re interested in editing, I recommend taking it.

Top 3 favorite bands?

Fall Out Boy

Panic! At the Disco

Aly & AJ (my favorite throwback band)

Favorite Movie?

Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland

Favorite quote?

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality” – Lewis Carroll

Favorite Food?

Chicken, szechuan chicken, fried chicken, hot chicken

What would you say to someone considering joining the HC team?

I would say to give it a shot even if you don’t think you’re any good or that you won’t meet expectations. You never know, you might just really love it!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram.

I'm a Senior Motion Pictures Major Video Production Minor from Belmont University. I'm also the President of SPEW at BU (The Harry Potter Alliance), the Initiation Committee for Omicron Delta Kappa, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and a member of Board Game Society. I'm also a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I love to read, paint, and dance. I'm creative, determined, and excited!!!
Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.