rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Luna, My Collegiate Cat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

In November of 2017, I adopted a 4-month-old kitten from the Nashville Cat Rescue named Luna. When I met her, she was a little ball of gray and white that loved cuddles and being petted. Although I love all animals, I went into the adoption process specifically looking for an emotional support animal. This meant that I had certain things I needed from whatever animal I adopted. She was not the first animal I considered, but she was the first one that felt right.

She has been with me for almost a year and has been the best cat I could’ve asked for. Keep reading to find out more about my collegiate cat!

Name: Luna

Birthday: July 12, 2018

Birthplace: Nashville, TN

Origin Story: All that is known about Luna’s early days is that she was found in a field on the outskirts of Nashville. She was rescued by the Nashville Cat Rescue and housed at a local pet store until her forever home with me was found.

Favorite Activities: Cuddling with anyone who gives her attention, sitting at the window to watch the birds fly, torturing bugs, wrestling area rugs, running laps around the room at 1 AM, and naps!

Dislikes: Baths, planes, loud noises, mirrors, nail trimming, people that ignore her, and the outdoors.

Living the Dorm Life: Luna’s first home was a dorm at Belmont University. After much paperwork, she was finally allowed to live with me at school. Despite my worries, she acclimated quickly and loved dorm life. She found constant attention in my roommate, suitemates, and any visitors that stopped by. If given the opportunity, she would always run out into the hall to meow at the doors of other students. We no longer live in a dorm, so she misses all of the attention, but she is quickly adjusting to apartment life.

Favorite Place: Inside the washer or dryer.

Favorite Food: The yogurt left on the sides of the bowl.

Favorite Toys: Laser pointer, hair ties, and a Bruiser the Bruin stuffed animal.

Best Friends: Godmother Madelyn, Aunts Emily and Tori, and Sophie the dog.

The best place to adopt a cat like Luna: The Nashville Cat Rescue!

If you are looking for a cuddly kitten of your own, I encourage you to adopt! If you are in Nashville, check out places like the Nashville Cat Rescue and the Humane Society. They can use adopters, fosters, and volunteers all year, but this is especially true during peak “kitten seasons.” If you are not in Nashville, Google local shelters and rescues to find your own forever friend! 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Ashley Harris

Belmont '20

Ashley Harris is currently a Junior at Belmont Univerity, hailing from Hampton Roads, Virginia. She is majoring in Publishing with a minor in English Writing. She hopes to end up working at a publishing house in NYC, publishing books for children and young adults. She has an affinity for the Christmas/Holiday season, punk rock music, and cool tattoos. You can find her in the nearest bookstore or petting the nearest dog. She also has an ESA resuce cat named Luna!