Mary Katelyn Price: AGD Theta Tau Chapter President and Belmont Double Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

I recently had the pleasure of chatting with the Alpha Gamma Delta Theta Tau Chapter President, Mary Katelyn Price. Mary Katelyn is a Junior Public Relations and Music Business double major here at Belmont from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, having had added her Public Relations major after her sophomore year. Just when I thought I was stressed out by my schedule, I realized that I had no reason to after talking with Mary Katelyn. In addition to her position as president, Mary Katelyn is also involved in Service Corps and serves as the Public Relations Coordinator on their leadership team. She is also part of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). Not only is Mary Katelyn proudly involved in all of these activities while holding leadership positions and earning her degree in PR and Music Business, she does so with the most admirable positivity and optimism about her.

Mary Katelyn joined Alpha Gamma Delta when she received her bid from the sorority after formal recruitment her freshman year. Before serving as chapter president, Mary Kaitlyn held the positions of a night chair on the chapter’s recruitment team and Vice President of recruitment. On being president, Mary Katelyn says that she had felt inspired knowing so many in her chapter had faith in her to lead. One of her favorite parts of being involved with Alpha Gamma Delta is being able to give back to her sorority that has given so much to her.

“I love being so inspired by the girls I work with, too” she added. 

Mary Katelyn credits her excited spirit and hard work ethic to her parents as well as one of her high school English teachers.

“She helped me discover my love for theater, reading and writing. She was my yearbook advisor, and I was editor, so she helped me discover my passion for editorial.”

After graduating from Belmont, Mary Katelyn hopes to stay in Nashville. She originally came to Nashville for Belmont’s Music Business program and the job opportunities available for Music Business graduates here. She hopes to work in the entertainment industry, either in a PR firm or at a company working in communications.

A typical day for Mary Katelyn is filled with classes, meetings, and studying. In her free time, Mary Katelyn likes hanging out with her friends to study, attending concerts, and is a self-proclaimed “foodie”. Therefore she enjoys trying different Nashville restaurants!

While Mary Katelyn’s life here at Belmont makes every day packed with back-to-back activities and meetings, she enjoys her busy schedule. In two words, Mary Katelyn would describe her life as “rewarding and exciting.” 

I have gotten to know Mary Katelyn through Alpha Gamma Delta very well this year. I can certainly attest to the positive impact she has not only on those in our chapter, but on those in other Greek organizations, those she’s met in her classes (and on her Maymester in Hawaii last year!) and anyone she encounters on a day-to-day basis. You rarely see Mary Katelyn without a smile on her face and it’s nearly impossible to walk with her from one on-campus building to another without her running into someone she knows and stopping to say hello!

During this finals season, I think it’s important to take a page out of Mary Katelyn’s book: Life can be stressful, but it’s so much more fun and rewarding to live positively and excitedly!

All photos courtesy of Mary Katelyn Price. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

I'm from the island of Nantucket, Massachusetts and came to Belmont because I find Nashville oh so dreamy. You can find me listening to an odd mix of Taylor Swift's "Reputation" and the alternative/indie songs on my of-the-month Spotify playlist. I'm a barista at a small coffee shop on Nantucket, and I love coffee, dogs, knitting, long walks on the beach, and, of course, The Office.