stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Make the Most of Your Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Feeling awake and ready to take on the day is extremely important, especially during finals season. It is important to wake up feeling rested when you have a long day of studying ahead of you. Here are 7 morning habits that will help you get the most out of your morning!

1. Don’t Snooze

Choose a time to wake up the night before and force yourself to get up at that time. Snoozing your alarm for an hour in the morning can create grogginess and make you feel more tired throughout the day.

2. Drink Water

Before brewing that cup of coffee that you so desperately want, reach for a glass of water and drink it all. After sleeping for a long period of time, your body will naturally be dehydrated and it’s important to replenish it with water.

3. Eat Breakfast

Breakfast, as they say, really is the most important meal of the day. It’ll help you feel more awake and boost your metabolism, so you’ll burn more calories throughout the day.

4. Listen to Music

Whether it be upbeat or chill, listening to music in the morning can help wake up your mind and body. Make a playlist of your favorite songs and listen to it while getting ready in the morning.

5. Stretch

Stretching in the morning will help with muscle and joint flexibility, stress relief, and improved circulation throughout the day. Try stretching as soon as you get out of bed!

6. Turn off Your Phone

Turn your phone off or on silent and avoid looking at while completing your morning routine. It can be distracting and put you behind schedule and everything you need to get done.If you’re worried about time, keep a clock in your bathroom or bedroom!

7. Read

Pick up some reading that is positive and encouraging. This will help set the tone for the rest of your day.

Best of luck on all your finals!

Tori is a junior nursing major at Belmont University. Throughout her life, she has had a passion for writing. Although she chose to pursue a career in nursing, she still wants to tell stories and hone in on her craft. During her free time, Tori enjoys spin class, exploring coffeeshops in Nashville, and organizing events with her sorority.