Spring Shoe Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Neutral heels

I’ve learned that a pair of neutral heels is the key to overcoming any challenging outfit.  Skin tones are the best, because they draw less attention to your feet; you can show off a sparkly new shirt without overwhelming the ensemble.  I just bought some super cute ones from Franco Sarto!

Wedges

My roommates think I’m crazy for already wearing wedges, but I’m already in a summer state of mind!  There is always an awkward period between boots and sandal weather, and I think wedges are a good transitional item.  Check out Forever 21 for some cute and inexpensive ones.

Crappy flip flops

Not to be confused with “nice” flip flops, listed below, “crappy” flip flops are those kinds that you can buy $3-for-$5 at places like Old Navy.  Many favorite spring activities—pedicures, rainy days, and gardening, to name a few—require inexpensive and easy-to-replace flip flops.

Nice flip flops, i.e. sandals

On the other hand, every girl also needs a pair of classy sandals for when warm weather hits.  This is Boston, after all; the temperature tomorrow could easily hit 65 degrees out of nowhere.  I love the gladiator style myself, but there are tons of options at Nordstrom this time of year.

Colorful sneakers

It’s amazing how often I actually use neon sneakers.  Besides exercise, there are tons of concerts and festivals where neon sneakers are not only prevalent, but fairly necessary.  Check out Pinterest for ideas, and Amazon for some great bargains.

Black formal heels

Spring also means a lot of family gatherings and events: Easter, Passover, Graduation, etc.  Every girl needs a simple pair of black heels to get her through the busy season, and stores like J.Crew and Steve Madden have some reliable styles to choose from.

http://www.cheapchicdaily.com/Must-have-neutral-heels-summer-under-100-8715766

http://spoiledpretty.com/2012/06/old-navys-1-flip-flop-sale-saturday-june-30/

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-sandals-shop?origin=leftnav

www.asos.com

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.