Spring Break is a very welcome break from school. All the snow days and study-intensive parts of our classes are starting to gear up. What better way to procrastinate than to head somewhere warm. Now if you are like me you, have put off getting in shape for spring break until now.
So the reality of the situation is that there really is no quick fix for a week before spring break, but there are some things you can do to make yourself more confident and start the journey to a healthier, stronger, better you. With a little laugh thrown in there just so you guys don’t freak out realizing that you are so far behind getting fit.
1) Drink water. This not only helps you stay hydrated but helps you skin, digestive system and hair!
2) Do 30 minutes of something active. This will help you get started on the road to healthy living.
3) Invest in a great swim cover-up. If you aren’t feeling your thinnest, don’t worry looking fabulous as you walk to and from the beach will help make up for any insecurities.
4) Don’t be afraid to put on a little make-up. Yes I am one of those people who tend to make fun of the girls who wear make-up to the beach, but what we don’t realize is most make-ups have sunscreen in them. That’s perfect for you face ,also it is a great way to give yourself some confidence on the beach.
5) SQUATS. If you are looking for some workouts that will help you feel more confident, squats will give you that feeling that you are looking for. Hopefully it’ll be a great mental crutch that you can lean on as you strut it on the beach.
6) Who cares! Listen people, it is spring break, so let’s be honest: what you look like in the bikini isn’t really important. It is important however to go out with friends, have fun, and enjoy your time in college!
Remember, it’s time to be young and free and not care about how flat your stomach is. Plus at this point there isn’t much you can do. So just go on your trips, walk the beach, get a tan, spend time with friends, drink fancy tropical island drinks and just for a little while pretend that those moments can last forever. Have a great, fun-filled, safe spring break!