Krav Maga Self Defense Move 3: Groin Kick

Hey y’all!  Here’s your Krav-Maga inspired self-defense technique of the week!  (For more info on Krav Maga and self-defense, click here!)  

Groin kicks are super easy because they are a natural reaction that you’ve known all your life.  If someone is invading your personal space, you are going to have a tendency to kick them where it hurts!  

Step 1: You perceive a threat, and it is clear that they are going to strike against you.  Keep your hands in front of your face ready to defend.

Step 2: With the leg you prefer, raise your bent knee and hip forward towards the target.  Snap your pointed foot into the groin/target area of the attacker.  It might take a couple quick kicks to do some damage.  You want to hit the attacker with the area of your leg below your knee, not your foot.  

Step 3: Recoil your leg, kick again if you have to, and keep your hands up to defend again.  If your attack is debilitated, run away!

Keep checking back for more self-defense techniques, and stay safe, y’all!

Special thanks to Chris and Shawn Hollingsworth, Nashville Krav Maga, Krav Maga Worldwide (and their book Krav Maga for Women)!