It Was Just…Splendid!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

On Sunday, March 20th, Splendid and Her Campus BC kicked off the beginning of spring with an in-store brunch event at Splendid in The Street. Who doesn’t love eating and shopping at the same time? The store was full of girls from Boston College who were excited to socialize, shop, and get 20% off their purchase.

I got to the store around 10 a.m., and there was fresh fruit, pastries and juice laid out for us. There was lots of chatter and laughter as girls were eating, drinking, and looking throughout the store at all of the different clothing pieces.

The store employees were very nice and told us if we needed assistance or something in a different size to let them know and they would be happy to help us. As I was walking around, I came across so many great quality pieces which would be great closet staples!

I fell in love with a dainty bracelet which I came across at the register and I knew I had to buy it. It bought an adjustable white and gold beaded bracelet. In addition to my purchase, I got a reusable tote and card pouch for my phone from The Street, a $50 facial gift certificate for Skoah (which is also at The Street), a bottle of water, and a coupon for a complimentary manicure at MiniLuxe in The Street. Who doesn’t love getting free things for shopping?

Overall, the event was a huge success. It was a great way to start the week. We would like to thank Splendid for hosting this event with us!

If you would like to visit Splendid, you can take the Chestnut Hill Mall Shuttle to the Street.

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.