stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Favorite Workouts from SELF Magazine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

If you’re anything like me, working out is second behind class, exams, and all those papers due. I know, I know… you’re supposed to exercise and it’ll help you sleep and do well in school. But seriously sometimes we just run out of time. When I do have a bit of free time but don’t feel like trekking to the Plex, I look for some inspiration in my favorite magazines.

I’ve been reading Self for about a year and I love it. It’s all about being healthy and eating right. While I do love reading Cosmo and laughing at their tips, Self gives me great ideas that aren’t just about entertainment, but can be applied to a healthier lifestyle. Below are my favorite workouts from the past three issues of Self. Some of them look a little silly, but I think it’s easier to work out if I’m trying something new: keeps things lively! Don’t worry about looking silly either because exercise is about being a healthier YOU no matter what the moves look like.  Final note: the way to a healthy workout consists of cardio exercise, strength training, and flexibility, so really vary your workouts and do stretch because you’ll feel less sore the next morning!

Great way to switch up your routine of normal lunges. 

If walking up the Million Dollar Stairs isn’t your ideal way to get killer legs, try out these leg ups instead!

When you feel trapped between the four walls of your dorm, utilize them for exercise!

Jump roping isn’t just for your double-dutch days on the school playground! Try out this exercise as a great and easy way to kick up your cardio! 

Throw some of these exercises in where you normally would do a boring crunch and don’t be afraid to try new workouts! Best of luck, and may a six-pack be ever in your favor!

Photo Sources:

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum