7 Reasons Why You Should Be Going On BC’s Outdoor Adventure Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Many people at Boston College are unfamiliar with Outdoor Adventures, a club on campus that offers day-long recreational trips during the year and various outdoor classes and clinics every semester. From the leisurely and relaxed all the way to the adventurous and thrill-seeking, OA offers trips that anyone would love. Here are 7 reasons why you should be signing up for OA trips today…

1. You get to partake in some awesome outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, snowshoeing, and climbing.

OA offers some amazing activities, giving you the opportunity to try new activities or get more experience in ones you’ve already done. If you’ve ever wanted to try climbing, paddle boarding, or snowshoeing, and never had the motivation to plan everything out yourself, OA is the perfect chance for you to go with no personal planning necessary.

2.  You get to meet awesome people and have the ultimate bonding experience with road trips and outdoor activities.

OA trips are really the ultimate bonding experience; hiking through the outdoors with no cell reception and with only the company of the other students encourages you to really bond with those around you. It’s a great way to meet new people at BC you ordinarily wouldn’t run into on campus. Yet, if you want to take a trip with all your friends, that’s fine too! Just have them sign up with you and fill all the spots available.

3.  You feel super productive and refreshed knowing you didn’t sleep your Saturday away.

It seems no one ever gets anything done on Saturdays, but if you choose to do an OA trip, you’ll have the best start to the weekend possible. Plus, you’ll have an immediate and impressive answer to “How was your weekend?” or “What did you do over the weekend?”.

4.  You get to witness the beauty and awe of nature.

As beautiful as BC is, it really doesn’t compare to New England’s mountains, parks, rivers, and lakes. On OA’s trips, you’ll be surrounded by Earth’s natural beauty, whether it be the colourful leaves during the fall or the snow-covered trees during the winter.

5.  You can get in shape from some serious exercise without the boringness of the plex or repetitive run around the reservoir.

OA trips are an excellent opportunity get your heart beating out in the fresh air, instead of inside the stuffy Plex. Plus, you’ll be enjoying the company and views so much you’ll hardly realize you’re exercising!

6.  You get to discover great local restaurants and diners on the way to and from trips.

Some of the best memories are on the way to and back from outdoor trips. You always enjoy a meal much more when you’ve just climbed a mountain. Some places we’ve gone include cider mills, the Ben & Jerry’s Factory, and some great local diners.  

7.  It’s only $10-15!

This is an amazing deal for a full-day excursion. Rentals are included in the price, and you don’t have to worry about transportation; you really won’t find this deal many places.

Sign up today; you won’t regret it!

@bc_outdooradventures

http://www.bc.edu/offices/rec/programs/outdoor.html

Sources:

OA photography

https://roadfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/rfl_20518.jpg

http://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/offices/rec/images/OA9.jpg

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!