5 Delicious Foods You Can Make in Your Microwave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s that time of year again. No, I’m not talking about pumpkin spice lattes, midterms, and sweater weather. If you’re anything like me, this is right about the time when you’re deathly sick of dining hall food. Unfortunately, most of us on campus only have a microwave to work with, which makes it feel like there aren’t many options for when we just want to walk away from Wok Away, but never fear, collegiettes! If you have a mug, a microwave, and time to grab a few ingredients from On the Fly or City Co, you can make a delicious creation right in your room.

1. Coffee Cup Quiche

Don’t get me wrong, I love BC breakfast, but sometimes the omelet line is just way too long. For mornings when you feel like cooking for yourself, or, more realistically, don’t feel like leaving your room quite yet, try this easy, healthy quiche!

2. Mug o’ Mac and Cheese

I could honestly eat macaroni and cheese every day, but even I get tired of Easy Mac, and BC Dining doesn’t always serve mac and cheese when a craving hits. Luckily though, you can make your own homemade mac and cheese in your microwave in less than 10 minutes! Learn how to make a delicious mug o’ mac and cheese, courtesy of TheNaptime Chef.

3. Coffee Cup Chilaquiles

Mexican food is always delicious, but living on CoRo means that most days I don’t feel like walking to El Pelon… especially in the winter. BC Burritos are good too, but why wait in line when you can whip up delicious tacos in the comfort of your dorm?

4. Nutella Mug Cake

I love Nutella and I love cake. Since BC has yet to combine the two, why not do it yourself? In five minutes, you can. Next time you want some dessert, try this Nutella Mug Cake, courtesy of livelovepasta.com.

5. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup

I’m pretty sure everyone in the world loves a good chocolate chip cookie. Of course, you could walk to the dining hall and buy a ready-made one, but then you’d be missing out on the best part: eating a warm, fresh, gooey cookie. If you want a cookie that tastes like it just came from the oven, whip up a Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, courtesy of No. 2 Pencil.

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."