This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

As a psychology student deeply interested in the fashion world, I often find myself seeking outfit inspiration from places, cultures, experiences, and most commonly, from other people. In this instance, I like to think of clothing as a form of self-expression, considering one has the ability to choose what to wear and who to get inspiration from. Therefore, here are my top fashion inspirations for 2022

1. Hailey Bieber

I have loved Justin Bieber since I was a kid; therefore, Hailey Bieber grew on me easily because they got married (team #JELENA forever though). In this instance, I started to follow her and keep up with her whereabouts, and without even noticing, I started to get inspiration from her daily paparazzi outfits. I always thought Mrs. Bieber was just a model; however, it’s clear that she’s also a fashion icon. Her oversized outfits are extremely trendy right now, and she took a casual look such as joggers and an oversized coat to a new level. Her color-blocking is also off the charts. One might argue that a stylist is behind these outfits, but as I mentioned before, one has the ability to choose what to wear, and Hailey surely knows how to pick good and eye-catching outfits.

2. Emma Chamberlain

Many of us know who Emma is, and to be honest, it is no secret everyone loves her to death. Emma is different from any other influencer I have seen; she is extremely relatable and one thinks she is our best friend. Her daily struggles with mental health and being so open about them is something new in the influencer world, considering media consumers are used to seeing perfection and she is showcasing the opposite: being a human being. In this instance, Emma has managed to be a fashion icon herself, seeing as she now partners with Louis Vuitton and PacSun, for example, which are well-known apparel companies. However, Emma does not follow the status quo. She likes to mismatch outfits and creates new shapes and patterns that give her daily outfits a creative and innovative look even though most of them are casual.

3. Devon Lee Carlson

To be honest, I didn’t know much about Devon until this year. She transformed her image to the ultimate fashionista, making the Y2K trend her own. She plays a lot with old styles and trends but gives them a modern and desirable look. For example, there’s one outfit where she puts on mom jeans and matches them with white cowboy boots. I would’ve never thought to match these two, mostly because I always think boots go better with skirts. However, seeing the outfit on Devon inspired me to try that style myself and I now love it and her style overall.

4. Dani Schultz

Dani Schultz is a media strategist from Venezuela. She grew her Instagram platform mostly during the pandemic and is now making podcasts, TikToks, and even Youtube videos. Being from Latin America, having a “familiar” fashion inspiration is truly amazing for me, mostly because most influencers are from the United States. Dani Schultz is an expert at transforming casual styles into modern looks. If you look at her Instagram, she dresses very casually but with complex pieces that you could never think of or pick up yourself. I seriously look at her Instagram every day to see if I can get inspiration from any of her outfits and she has a great personality as well which adds a lot to her image.

5. Emily Shak

I ran over Emily’s Instagram by accident one day. I had no idea who she was, but after following her for a couple of years, I realized a lot of my personal fashion inspiration comes from her. She travels a lot and creates colorful and simple outfits that stand out tremendously. Her color blocking skills are off the table, and I feel that she manages to give a classy look to all of her outfits. She also never misses adding an eye-catching piece that completes most of her outfits.

All of these women ultimately showcase my style, or at least how I want to look! I love the idea that clothing is an art and that one doesn’t need to necessarily keep up with trends, rather one can create different and unique looks that will be eye-catching and innovative. I hope y’all enjoyed my top ‘fashionistas’ for this year and I hope y’all check them out!

Hey there! I am Anabella and I am a psychology major with minors in apparel merchandising and entrepreneurship at Baylor University. I am really passionate about sports, fashion, the human mind, and my Spotify playlist. I really love to create meaningful connections with people and live by kindness!