Spoken Word by Rudy Francisco

For those of you who don’t know, Rudy Francisco, an amazing spoken-word poet, is coming to Bates to speak this Friday as part of the 2018 Unity Conference presented by Amandla, the Black Student Union at Bates. He recently published his debut poetry collection, Helium, with Button Poetry, and I’m so excited to see him perform. His website’s bio describes him as “an amalgamation of social critique, introspection, honesty and humor,” and I highly recommend watching some (or all) of his performances on the Internet. The following are a few of my personal favorites, and I hope you love them as much as I do.

“Scars/To the New Boyfriend”

“When People Ask How I’m Doing”

“To The Body”

“A Lot Like You”

“Adrenaline Rush”

Be sure to get tickets to the performance on EventBrite!

Main image from Ticketfly.

About The Author

Rachel Minkovitz is a junior at Bates College majoring in Psychology with a minor in French and Francophone Studies. She spends a lot of time listening to music, hanging out with friends, reading and writing, advocating for social justice, and obsessing over furry animals. 

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login