How to prepare for an Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Preparing interview for your job and internship is always not an easy thing. Don’t worry! Here are some tips for you to prepare for your successful interview: 

1. Research basic information about your interview

• Find information about who you will be talking to, what their expectations are or may be.
  • Dress code is very important. It is always good to wear a professional suit — business formal. Here are some examples of business formal outfits:

Photo Credit Photo Credit Photo Credit Photo Credit Photo Credit

• Make sure you know the location where your interview will be held. Plan to leave early in the morning just in case of traffic and emergency situations.

2. Research about the company

• Do some quick research on the company that you are interviewing for such as the size of the company, recent news that you can discuss, etc. 

3. Prepare to answer some questions

• Depends on what kind of company and field you are interviewing for, but if you are interviewing for the firm where you have to prepare for the case interview, ask yourself a few questions that they can ask you. 
  • Use BCDC example interview guide for your example interview questions.

4. Make sure you follow up after the interview

• Most interviewers ask “Do you have any questions?” near the end. You should prepare questions for this question. Make a list of questions you want to ask — this might be helpful! 
  • Also, after the interview, make sure to send a follow-up email or thank you card to interviewer — this is quite important.