Campus Cutie: Nabil Saleem ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Have you seen this cutie around Commons all year but never knew his name? Here’s your last chance — meet Nabil Saleem ’15. A brilliant brain with a brilliant smile to match, this future doctor will be working on zebrafish research next year. Curious about what this cutie wants to do with his last days at Bates? Want to know what Nelly song is his theme song? Read HCB’s conversation with Nabil to find out: 

Name: Nabil Saleem 

Hometown: Alpharetta, GA

Major: Biological Chemistry

Year: 2015

Astrological sign: Scorpio

Relationship status: Single

Sexual orientation: Hetero

The cutest…Nabil is alright, too. 

Favorite thing about Short Term? The sun.

What are you involved in on campus? Played squash here for four years. (Editor’s note: Nabil is being modest — he was co-captain this year.

Ideal job: Practicing medicine anywhere warm and near the water.

After graduation plans: Working with zebrafish as a research technician.

Places on campus where you can most often be found: Squash courts and Commons.

Any summer plans? Family trip to Puerto Rico.

Pick one food to eat for the rest of your life: Chicken Tikka Masala.

You have a whole Saturday afternoon free. What do you choose to do? Go to Range Pond or Freeport.

Pick a pick-up line: “I’m not an organ donor, but I’d give you my heart.” (Editor’s note: Nabil is in fact an organ donor.)  

Dream date: Skydive and then sunset walk along the beach.

Photo Credit

What would you do if you won the lottery? Keep the principal amount and live off the interest.

What superpower would you pick? Ability to fly.

Pick your Patronus: Jaguar.

Craziest thing you’ve ever done? I’ve run with scissors in my hands.

How would your friends describe you in three words? Shy, persistent, confident.

Your new L.L. Bean Boyfriend

Current Netflix obsession? House of Cards.

Life motto: “Don’t pine in the past and don’t fret for the future, live in the present.”

What’s your theme song? Here Comes the Boom by Nelly.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 

Celebrity crush: Katrina Kaif

If you could date a fictional character, who would you date and why? Hermoine Granger — Casting spells would be a great trait to have.

Photo Credit

First thing you notice about a girl: Her smile.

Top three favorite qualities in a girl: Intelligent, understanding, bright.

What is the best way to make a good first impression on you? Acting like yourself.

Do you have your eye on anyone at Bates? Possibly.

What is one thing on your Bates bucket list? Spend all the time I have left with the people close to me.

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.