Blog: Healthy Snack Ideas for Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Stressful midterms week make you even hungrier than usual.  And mostly, college students (in general) eat unhealthy snacks — Pizza, Mozz Sticks, and Fries from the Den, chips, etc. Fun scientific fact: that the better the fuel your brain gets, the better grade and efficiency on your study. So, here are some tips for healthy late night snack ideas:

1. Fruits

Photo Credit

Did you know that fruit ranks as one of the top foods for your brain? Banana, Apple, Pear. You can easily save some fruits from commons. Also, berries especially “Blueberries” contains powerful antioxidants and other nutrients that will help you to get clean energy without a sugar crash.   Tips: Try fruits with peanut or almond butter! It’s very delicious, nutritious and filling. For instance, apple with peanut butter trick is always the perfect study snack!

Photo Credit

2. Edamame

Photo Credit

Edamame is ideal for a college student like us– it’s easy, low calories, and low fat, but it gives you a good amount of protein, fiber, iron, and folate. 

3. Greek Yogurt Parfait

Photo Credit

If you are looking for a sugary treat, Greek Yogurt Parfait is the answer. Greek Yogurt is very healthy; it provides proper nutrients and energy — Greek yogurt contains much more protein than regular yogurt.  Add some fruits, granolas, and chocolate chips for your Greek yogurt parfait. I promise you that you will love it!

4. Popcorn

Photo Credit

Popcorn is amazing. It is an excellent choice when you are craving a crunchy snack. Popcorn is one of the best choices since it has a low-calorie snack with plenty of fiber. But make sure you should avoid too salty or sugary popcorn!

Good luck on your midterms and may the curve be ever in your favor!  You can do this!