This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

“Find yourself.” What does that even mean?

It sounds like some kind of spirituality nonsense, like “look into a crystal ball rub it 10 times and suddenly you’ll know exactly who you are!”

The truth is, this phrase is so vague and ambiguous because that journey is so vague and ambiguous— completely subjective person-to-person. Before you shut me down, here are some of my go-to tips to reorient myself and get back on track.

1. Experiment with different activities and hobbies to find new interests! This is a great way to broaden your horizon, learn if you like a new activity, and get outside of your comfort zone.

2. Try a hobby of some of your friends and switch. If your friend loves to work out, try going to the gym with her. If you love to cook, teach one of your friends who don’t know how to. Spread the fun.

3. Do more of what you love. As cliche as this sounds, doing things that make you happy, do actually make you happy! If you love to be outside, take a walk and prioritize that in your schedule. If you love to dance, make sure you have designated times to dance it out and let it out. A guaranteed way to bring yourself back and make yourself feel like you is to do things you enjoy.

4. Write down things that make you happy and go back to them in hard times. When you don’t feel like yourself and feel confused, it’s consoling to return to a palpable piece of paper that has written down things that are guaranteed to give you a boost.

Now instead of saying to go out and “find yourself,” I encourage you to explore yourself by playing around with possible interests. Challenge yourself. Who knows what you’ll find.

Go kick butt!

A fun-loving, beauty-lover, coffee-addict that never thought she would write for fun, or be good at it! Always passionate, positive, and personable. :))
???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.