This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

The fall season is quickly invading our warm weather and sleeveless tops, causing a chill that brings out our winter jackets, hot coffees, and oversized sweaters. There are controversial opinions about the beginning of fall; some people hate the loss of hot temperatures and sunny beach days, while others love the feeling of putting on a sweatshirt and walking around in the chilly, yet colorful foliage. Although summer is ending, and the school year, with its long classes and homework, is finally picking up, there are limitless things to do in New England during this change of seasons!

One of the more unique fall-themed experiences that everyone should try at least once is apple picking. Going to a beautiful orchard, filled with families walking around with bags full of healthy fruit, or going on a hayride all add up to a fun and memorable experience. It’s also a great place to take photos with your friends. You can get an Insta-worthy pic by standing around the pumpkin patch, or a candid photo of you trying to reach an apple high up on a tree. Apple orchards are a guaranteed fun experience, with something fun for everyone. And don’t forget to get an apple cider donut!

If the cold weather is just too miserable to go outside in, then there are plenty of fall activities to do indoors. Who doesn’t love a cozy movie night? Make a big bowl of your favorite snack (like puppy chow or kettle corn), and a hot mug of hot chocolate or apple cider, spread out with fuzzy blankets and pillows. Treat yourself to a night in or invite all your friends! This is the perfect way to relax after a long week, and it’s one of the best ways to get into the spirit of fall.

Another staple of fall is the food! For me, the classic pumpkin flavor is at the top of my list. From pumpkin lattes to pumpkin pies and other baked goods, the fall leaves a lasting impression on our taste buds. Getting your hands dirty inside the kitchen on a sunny fall day can be a fun and cozy activity as well, not only because of the wonderful treats you get once you finish, but your house or apartment will smell amazing for days on end.

If there is a time to go outside and really appreciate nature, now is the time!. From the cool and refreshing temperature to the beautiful fall foliage, there isn’t anything else more beautiful than New England while the seasons change. Take advantage of the weather now before the snow begins and the temperatures are ones that drive you inside for the rest of winter because fall is not to be missed.