This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Positivity is an important part of someone’s life. Believe it or not, we manifest what we let our brain think. If we think negatively, we will manifest negativity into our life as well as give off that kind of energy to the world. Believing in and focusing on your negative thoughts is simply an obstruction to a fulfilling and happy style of life. Whereas, if we think positively, we will manifest positive things as well as give off grand energy to the world and the people around us. It is important to keep in mind that being positive by no means means that you need to be happy all the time, it means that even on your hardest day, you know better ones are coming. My mom always tells me that sunshine all the time makes a desert. Without rain, nothing grows. Embrace every part of life, even the storms because it simply can’t rain forever and your rainbow will soon follow. This is ideal to feed your mindset. It is okay to have sad days. It is okay to have bad days. It is okay to have lazy days, quiet days, or off days. However, it is not okay to let your mind give up or to lose optimism. Life is a journey and being conscious of/making use of the journey, acknowledging the good in the journey, finding your balance, appreciating the little things, and trying your best to keep going, are all traced back to positivity and strength. Because there is always hope even when your mind tries to convince you otherwise. Positivity holds the key to a lot of great things in life and it will allow you to more so see opportunity rather than obstacles. And never forget to always give yourself credit. Be proud of how far you have come and will continue to go. Be positive as you go—positive mind, positive life.

Kourtney Troha

Augustana '23

[Augustana College 2023 Elementary Education Major] Positivity, kindness, and simplicity- words I live by. My name is Kourtney Troha and my goal is to live with intent. Writing gives me a gateway into that as well as a purpose to my everyday life. I believe in always finding the good in everyday. I hope to reach people through my writing and to appreciate the little things as much as I can. I find joy and peace in making others happy. Some of my interests are Golfing, Writing, Cooking & Baking, and I love dogs and animals. I am excited to see what the future holds. I love meeting new people and gaining new perspectives! Opportunities to connect- Instagram: @kourttroha Vsco: @kourttro
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!