This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Dear younger me, 

There are so many things to say that I do not know where to start. There are so many amazing and beautiful things that are going to happen in your life but there are also a lot of hard times as well. But throughout all of that pain, you have still managed to find the light at the end of the tunnel. 

To start, don’t worry or overthink as much. This may be easier said than done but at the end of the day, it will get you nowhere. You will be thinking about the past or future more than just living in the present. This will tear you apart piece by piece. Rather than worrying about what might happen; just live in the moment. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy every moment that you have with your friends, family, and loved ones. Remember to give yourself time each day to do something that makes you happy. 

Next, don’t take anything for granted. Remember the amazing people that you have in your life that will support you through every step that you take. When it comes to family and friends there are going to be losses but I promise that you will get through them. There are amazing people in your life that will lend you a shoulder to cry on. Just remember that you are strong and that you can get through anything. It is okay to be sad and cry but after a while, you will be able to be happy again and smile.

Also, do not dwell on what you can’t control. Everything in your life happens for a reason and people come and go in everyone’s life. The people who decide to leave are meant to leave. Do not try to get them back or dwell on it because it is not worth your time. Just move on and be happy with who you are and who is in your life. Sometimes things are not going to go the way that you planned but you are strong enough to overcome them. Remember to live in the present and take it day by day. 

Lastly, you are worth so much more than you think. As you grow older you will realize that it is important to love yourself. There will be times when you don’t know your worth and need to be reminded. It is important to take time for self-care and do what makes you happy. In this life, you can not please everyone and at the end of the day, you have to be happy at yourself. It is okay to put yourself first even though you put others before yourself. No matter what is going on in your life you are going to be able to get through it and you will become stronger because of it. 

P.S. Remember to work hard for what you want and never give up until you are happy with the result. When things get hard you need to realize that things happen for a reason and you can not force anything to happen. If something happens it happens. Just move on and live your life to the fullest. You are so strong and you can achieve anything that you set your mind to. Love yourself and everything will follow.

Sincerely,

Your future self 

Dagmara Prync

Augustana '21

Dagmara is an elementary education major. She hopes to teach 1st or 2nd grade. She enjoys writing, spending time with family and friends, and reading in her free time. After college, Dagmara hopes to get her masters degree while she is teaching little kids.
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!